News Archive

Web Links

Topics

Your Account

Wengerd Enterprises

Race Ohio

Reed Tree Service

Racers For Tots
Help us brighten the lives of some really great kids!!

Racers Making A Difference

Who's Online?
Guests: 23
Members: 0
Total Registered: 92
Newest: LastCall

Firefox
DFC Racing recommends Mozilla's Firefox internet browser. It's just plain better and safer than anything else out there. Plus it's FREE!! Get Firefox!

Website Awards
DFC Racing is very proud of the fact that our website has won The Golden Web Award as well as the Racer's Choice Award year after year. Thanks folks!

[Racer's Choice Award Winner]

If you'd like a kickass site like this one, feel free to contact Bob to see what he can do for you.

DFC Racing: Forums

Guestbook
Moderated by: Bob, Bob

DFC Racing Forum Index >> Guestbook >> No ROTY
Author No ROTY
dawsonracing31c

Joined on:
Aug 9th, 2005

Lakeville
Posted: 2006-10-19 on 12:42   
Jeff has decided to give a hard charger award instead of ROTY for pure stocks, mini stocks, and mini trucks. Going to let people vote on them on ohiodtr.com. I'm gonna post a poll probably saturday at the latest.
Goodluck Jeff!

Profiles of dawsonracing31c   Go to the user WebSite dawsonracing31c       Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote
Bob

Joined on:
Apr 1st, 2002

Canal Fulton Ohio
Posted: 2006-10-19 on 14:00   
BAD idea! First off, the last thing they need to do is make the other classes feel like their not being treated the same as the Late Models. They can get that at WCS anytime. Also, the guy who charged the hardest would be the one that finished the best in the points I would think. Not every track has a Most Improved, Sportsman Of The Year, ect. to vote on each year either. I also think the voting online is a bad idea. Hell, I'm not even registered on ODTR and I'm sure I'm not the only person that isn't. By no means am I jumping on you Rita, but I just think the awards should be directly decided by performance the same way in every class. Anything else is a popularity contest and that should be left to something like most improved,sportsman, ect. , if they choose to even have those awards at all. This is becoming a big can of worms at this point and it would be a real shame to see all the hard work Hilltop did all year to treat everybody the same turn to shit over some silly awards. It really can't be that hard to find out who is the highest finishing rookie in each class, just like evreybody else has always done.

Profiles of Bob   Email Bob   Go to the user WebSite Bob   Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote
hoss

Joined on:
Aug 24th, 2003

Lakeville,oh
Posted: 2006-10-19 on 17:12   
I have to agree with Bob on this one.

Profiles of hoss   Email hoss   Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote
dawsonracing31c

Joined on:
Aug 9th, 2005

Lakeville
Posted: 2006-10-20 on 20:31   
Hey guys. No worries Bob. Didn't think you were jumpin on me about it. I just post the stuff and everyone is entitled to their own opinions! Lord knows I let mine be heard LOL!!!
I just figured I would inform everyone what information Jeff Norris passed on to me.
Well, goodluck to ya Jeff anyways

Profiles of dawsonracing31c   Go to the user WebSite dawsonracing31c       Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote
Bob

Joined on:
Apr 1st, 2002

Canal Fulton Ohio
Posted: 2006-10-22 on 22:11   
Here's my theory on the online poll idea. As much as I'd like to see Hoss get ROTY, he has told me himself that another rookie finished higher than him in the points so that person deserves the award. Now, with the poll idea, I can promise you that I could get enough votes for Hoss(or whoever) to win if I wanted to play that way. I will certainly not do that though since it's not fair to the highest finishing rookie, and Hoss wouldn't want the award that way either. The trouble is that even though I won't do that, somebody else can do it for their choice. I guess what I'm saying is that they just made that award meaningless to everybody if it's decided on an online poll on a forum. It also makes the drivers in any class other than late models feel some how less important, and I know Hilltop worked hard all year to make sure that wasn't the case. These other classes have been told for years that everybody is equal, but the other tracks never showed it. Hilltop showed it all season,,,,until now. What a mess! It's a shame that one stupid press release to pump up one driver could stir up so much shit.

Profiles of Bob   Email Bob   Go to the user WebSite Bob   Edit/Delete Post   Reply with Quote

Lock Topic Move Topic Delete Topic

Comments or suggestions? Feel free to email us at webmaster@dfcracing.com.
Site design and custom programming by Stormsoul Studios.
All logos and trademarks in this site are the property of their respective owners.
User submissions are the property of their posters, everything else is 2000-2017 by DFC Racing and/or Stormsoul Studios.